1. Leave any toxic habits, such tabaco, alcohol and other drugs.
2. Trying to get the ideal weight. Overweight women may go on a diet advised by doctor to lose weight without risking your health.
3. Going to the gynecologist, who will ensure, through a blood test, that you do not suffer anemia or other disorders.
4. Find out (through blood tests would ask the OB) if you have passed certain infections that, if infected during pregnancy, can affect the unborn baby: rubella, toxoplasmosis, hepatitis, syphilis, AIDS ...
5. If necessary, get the vaccine against rubella and chickenpox.
6. Visit the dentist. In this way, you avoid having to undergo dental treatment during pregnancy (although most are not contraindicated).
7. Stay in shape, start practicing a sport or other exercise that can continue during pregnancy.
8. Review your diet with a doctor and try to maintain a balanced diet from now. The diet should be sufficient calories and adequate amounts of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals.
9. Start taking folic acid three months before leaving the method of contraception. This vitamin is essential for the health of mother and child, prevents certain types of anemia and prevent certain birth defects in the unborn baby.
10. Necessary reforms to adapt the property for your child. The works are a source of concern, and during pregnancy is not advisable to become overwhelmed, or have contact with paints and solvents.